Chicken soup recipe
For colds, a hearty chicken soup (Hendlsuppe) is a real treat. With this recipe you can prepare a strong chicken soup in no time at all. It tastes delicious and awakens tired and sick spirits.
Ingredients for portions
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 bunch of soup vegetables
- 1/2 stalk leek
- 2 small onions
- 8 juniper berries
- soup herbs
- 4 cups water
- For a strong chicken soup, wash the whole, gutted chicken with clear water and put it into a large soup pot.
- Wash and clean the soup vegetables well, also add them to the pot.
- Cut the leek and onion into small pieces and add.
- Pour in about one liter of cold, fresh water.
- Add fresh herbs and juniper berries, salt.
- Bring the chicken soup to the boil, turn back to low heat and simmer for at least 1 hour.
- Strain, remove the soup meat from the bones and serve.
- A particularly strong chicken soup must simmer as long as possible on the lowest flame or simmer quietly. You should give the chicken broth at least an hour, the longer the more powerful and tasty the chicken broth becomes.
- If the chicken also had its innards, these can of course be cooked along with it.
How do you like this article?
Your opinion matters to us! 7 ratings has this post already received Submit rating
Redaktion: Danke für dein Feedback. Wir haben und das gleich zu Herzen genommen und das Rezept überarbeitet, jetzt findest du auch diese Informationen.